Saturday, June 15, 2013

Baby Gardner- 38 weeks


How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain. No weight gain at last appt, so it looks like I will be at 21 lbs total.
Baby Development. Not much is happening as far as development goes, he is just getting stronger and gaining a little more fat. At our 38 week appt I was about 60% effaced and he didn't check to see if I was dilated (I think he was afraid of aggravating my cervix therefor causing progression due to his position). But baby is still VERY low, at least a +1 station. Also the doctor thinks because he is so low and  I am tall, I might be "hiding" a bigger baby. His guess was 7 lb 6 oz., we will see. Ross doesn't believe this(he thinks we are gonna have a little peanut), but I think that sounds about right.
Maternity Cloths? No new cloths, just squeezing into my maxi skirts, leggings, and tanks and turning up the heat on the dryer to shrink them back down to size. So total maternity cloths bought were 3 pair of pants, 1 dress, and 2 tanks. Very lucky that I am pregnant at a time of year that didn't require much more.
Stretch Marks? I don't want to jinx myself the last week, but I may have dodged this nasty bullet
Sleep? Still sleeping well, I do get up for a bathroom break and notice myself doing more repositioning than normal, but I am comfortable
Best Moment of the week? For the first time at our 38 week appt, things felt "real". While discussing what will happen next week in great detail with the doctor, all I could think was oh my gosh, this baby is coming. Excited, Nervous, Anxious, SO. MANY. EMOTIONS
Symptoms? A lot of Braxton Hicks, especially in the morning. If I sit too long I get a lot of pressure in my diaphragm,lots of bathroom breaks, and had a few episodes of that annoying sciatic pain this week
Food cravings? Fruit, seriously could eat it all day. Haven't had much of an appetite, no room for food in there. So, I have to force myself to eat something every couple hours.
Miss anything? Lunch meat sandwiches, sleeping on my back, not peeing every 20 minutes
Movement? Still very active, lots of knees and elbows in my sides
Gender ? baby boy
Belly Button in or out? Still in, but very funny looking
Goals for upcoming week?  JUST.BREATH. I cannot believe this is all happening
Looking Forward to? Meeting our son. I am tearing up just writing what might be my last weekly post. AND revealing his name!!
Thoughts? If my little guy stays put until Wednesday, I am going to try and do one last post Tuesday night/Wednesday morning -not like I will be able to sleep knowing I am going to wake up and have a baby-holy emotional overload.  But otherwise next time we meet, I will introduce you to the rest of my life!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh this is so exciting! Can't wait to meet him and find out the name! :)
    -Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I can't wait to hear the name :)

    ReplyDelete