Sunday, December 16, 2012

Baby Gardner- 12 weeks




How far along? 12 weeks
Total weight gain/loss.  down 1 lb this week (contribute that to a very busy surgery week). So +2 lbs total
Baby Development. Baby G is the size of a plum. It can open and close it's little hands and is about 3 inches in length.
Maternity Clothes? Wore the maternity tank..LIFE-CHANGING. May be wearing those bad boys long past maternity.
Stretch Marks?Nope, but I am a shiny sticky mess from all the lotion, oil, and butters I am bathing my midsection and chest in.
Sleep? Still amazing, hard to get out of bed in the morning.
Best Moment of the week? Hearing our little peanuts heartbeat. 168 beats per minute. So amazing, mostly to see Ross' reaction, priceless!!
Symptoms? Happy to say, almost clear of any sickness. Had a little nausea, but it went away quickly after eating some crackers. I am not taking Progesterone anymore either, so I no longer feel like death before bed!!! Also, baby likes coffee again(decaf of course)!!! it actually sounded good this morning, had a cup, and it was HEAVENLY!!!
Food cravings? Still nothing in particular, eating lots of citrus fruits though( grapefruit and pineapple). Also can't get enough greek yogurt with my homemade coconut granola, but I was like that before pregnancy.
Miss anything? Running a full mile without having to walk (YES, I  AM RUNNING AGAIN, just have to keep my heart rate under 140)
Movement? nope, but can't wait
Gender predictions? Ross thinks its a girl, I am still riding the boy train.
Belly Button in or out? In
Goals for upcoming week? Carpets get cleaned Wednesday, so the "nursery" will need to be cleared out and what used to be the office, is now gonna be spare bedroom. 
Looking Forward to? There is a small chance that we will find out the sex tomorrow (yes at 12 1/2 weeks). My doctor performs 3D ultrasounds to check for Down Syndrome, so if the babes is laying perfect, we may have some big news in the near future. Trying not to get my hopes up, and I am not sure if I am ready. It makes it so real and I am not sure Ross is prepared for all the shopping that will be done when I know the sex.
Thoughts? It is crazy that this is the last week of my first trimester, I have had a relatively great pregnancy so far and cannot wait for all the excitement yet to come. But at the same time, Ross and i are both a little scared to bring a baby into this world following the horrendous tragedy in Connecticut. My heart goes out to those families. It makes no sense and is not fair, those babies were just starting their lives. MOMMAS AND DADDY'S SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO BURY THEIR BABIES, EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment