Sunday, May 26, 2013

Baby Gardner- 35 weeks


How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain.  1 pound gain this week, 21 lbs total.
Baby Development. Little man is officially preparing to join this world, as described here . He is mostly in the plumping up stage. He won't get much longer, just put on a pound or so of baby fat before birth. His hearing is totally developed too
Maternity Cloths? With warmer weather I am able to wear my old dresses and maxi skirts. But I did find a few cute maternity dresses as seen above
Stretch Marks? Still clear
Sleep? Back to waking up around 2 am for a trip to the bathroom, but otherwise no problems sleeping
Best Moment of the week? After our 35 week appt, our MD wanted to make sure I wasn't having any problems with my old incision, so we had an ultrasound and everything looked good. We also had our maternity pictures this week. Can't wait to see them! Oh, and the nursery is pretty much ready and all the baby swings/bouncers are up and ready to go. And I had a massage that was AMAZING!!!
Symptoms? Still having quite a few Braxton Hicks and lots of pressure around my old incision. If I sit too long I get diaphragm pain. And my energy level has definitely decreased in the last week.Also I have experienced what I think are very mild contractions, felt like baby menstrual cramps.
Food cravings? Fruit and yogurt is still the only thing that sounds good usually.
Miss anything? Not peeing every hour, going up a set of stairs without getting winded, and being able to order cloths online without questioning if they will fit.
Movement? This guy is still moving quite a bit during the day, I am trying to soak it all in.
Gender ? Little baby boy
Belly Button in or out? Still in,but getting very large.
Goals for upcoming week?  Get the hospital bag packed, order my breast pump, get car seat bases installed and get my flowers pots and beds planted-weather is not cooperating.
Looking Forward to?  Hospital tour is this week, and also looking forward to reaching my 'full term' mark
Thoughts? Every night before I go to bed I like to act as if I am going to wake up in the middle of the night in labor (i am a planner, what can I say). My pantry and freezer are full with easy go to meal options, I stocked up on essentials such as toilet paper, dog food, laundry supplies, and snack foods. I have kept up with the laundry and dishes and make sure to 'pick up' before I go to sleep. I think, without jinxing myself, I am almost ready.

1 comment:

  1. such fun things to read!! have fun at the hospital tour, i know when we had ours it was then (after seeing the babies in the nursery) that i could NOT WAIT to have my baby! i even remember asking if i could come back the next day for another "tour" of the nursery!

    ReplyDelete