Monday, July 8, 2013

What I didn't realize

Obviously the list of things that change your life after having a baby is 10 miles long. But for the most part, they are also things that people have warned me of or that I have read about in baby books. You will always be tired, you may not be able to shower most days, you will go through 12 diapers a day, or that enjoyable Target trips will never be the same.

There are a few things that I didn't realize though, no matter how many books I read or people I have talked to. First, I never realized how much noise I make doing the most simple tasks. When Cole is sleeping and I am trying to get things done around the house, you better believe I am tip toeing around. But little did I know, everything is LOUD.  Getting ice from the ice maker, putting dishes away, vacuuming, playing with the dogs, its impossible to stay quite.

Second, I will never be on time while toting around an infant. Just when you think you are going to leave, a poopy diaper happens or you can't find a pacifier. I have gotten a little better with starting my 'getting ready to leave' routine, but let me tell you, YOU BETTER BE ON YOUR GAME. Otherwise you will end up forgetting something.

So what is the big picture here?? Always keep an open mind, nothing will go as planned and instead of getting worked up about it, just go with it. No sense in stressing about things that I can't control.

2 comments:

  1. the no daily shower thing was a huge shocker for me! that gets better with time and a routine!

    ice maker- FOR SURE the loudest thing ever!

    and the leaving home thing, yeah "oh wait you JUST pooped after i JUST changed changed your diaper 5 seconds ago!" hahaha

    you are handling it so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It sure is an adjustment, but I am making it all work. I just do everything a little quicker and no BS.

      Delete